I’m always looks for fun ways to do my hair besides the basic ponytail or just straight and down. Here are a few simple ways to do your hair this summer that also happen to be some celeb favs as well. They’re super easy and your hair will have just a extra little flair. The best part is that you don’t need these styles to be perfect. A little bit messy makes them look just a little bit stylish 🙂
1. The Hairline Braid
This is probably my favorite. I’ve been doing this for a while, because I love to have my hair out of my face, but still have it down. It’s also great when you’re trying to grow out your bangs and they’re in the annoying in-between stage. It looks great with straight or curly hair.
– Add some styling creme to your hair and make a deep side part.
– Starting at the part, take pieces (as thick or thin as you want) and begin to do a loose french braid down the side of your head (just in the bang area – see picture to determine where and how much hair.)
– Secure the ends with bobby pins. You can also use fingers to loosen braid so it looks a little messy.
2. Side Ponytail
This may seem boring also, but I think you can make it really cute. You can do it stick straight and make it really trendy, or curl the pony and make it fun and relaxed, or add twists into the pony, etc. It’s definitely different from your basic pony. I also think it shows off earrings, like here with Taylor’s below.
– Make a side part and bring all of your hair to one shoulder. Try each side to see which one you like better.
– Keep the base of the pony low and very close to your neck. Secure right behind your ear. You don’t want it to lift too much, but you can tease your hair a little if you want to. Use a thin pony-tail holder so that it doesn’t stick out off of your head funny.
– Pull pieces out around your face for a more relaxed look.
I love the bun on the top of the head look. As long as it’s not too slick or tight and a little messy I think it’s the perfect summer look. I love Olivia’s because she doesn’t have hair flying all over the place, but it’s not a perfect ballet bun. It’s a great way to get your hair out of your face, but not look too severe.
– Gather your hair into a ponytail at the very top of your head. Twist in a circle around the base of the ponytail, and secure every quarter-inch section with a bobby pin.
– A few pieces might come out, but if they don’t you can take some of the bobby pins out so your head doesn’t get poked and so it doesn’t look so put together. You can hairspray if you want the hair to stay in.
– Run fingers through the crown of your head so that the hair isn’t so flat to your head.
Hope these help and you can find some fun ways to wear your hair!
*ideas from Allure Magazine
Shop This Post