I have lived in Utah for the past 13 years…seems crazy because I feel like time shouldn’t have gone by this fast, but I moved here when I was 18 and I’ve been here ever since. The Sundance Film Festival is held mostly in Park City, Utah but also has events in a few other Utah locations so almost every year I have gone up for it. Sometimes to see movies, sometimes for concerts, just to people watch, for a few events, and definitely to try to find Jennifer Aniston a couple times :p
I figured I would write a post about some of my favorite things to do and places to eat or stay in case it helps anyone out with ideas! Lots of people come for the festival, but most of these options are going to be around all year long. Utah has some of the best snow for skiing during the winter, but personally I would hit it up in the summer because it’s just so pretty! Scroll below to check out some of my friends and I’s favorite things to do in Park City!
P.S. DRESS WARM! It’s freezing, especially at night!
I figured I would start out with some of the best hotels to stay! A lot of these places can get pretty pricey during peak season and especially during Sundance, but they’re fabulous. It’s more of an experience, which is why you come to Sundance!
- St. Regis Deer Valley – This hotel is gorgeous, but also has a unique ski in and ski out feature so you can hit the slopes directly from the hotel! Also has a fabulous spa. Make sure you take a ride of the funicular too!
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley – This is one of my personal favorites. I’ve stayed here for yoga retreat and everything was exceptional. They have gorgeous views, an amazing spa, and the food is fantastic!
- Goldener Hirsch – Won 2017’s Best of the Best Fine Dining!
- The Montage Deer Valley – Another one of my favorites! Their indoor pool and spa is probably my favorite part!
- The Chateaux Deer Valley – The Chateaux is gorgeous and has amazing suites if you have a group of people with you. I’ve stayed here with friends a few times and I’d definitely recommend one of the suites! They also have a really good Italian restaurant
- Marriott’s Summit Watch – This one is a little less expensive, but Marriott’s are always run well and it’s right on main street, so all you have to do is walk out the door and you’re right in the middle of all the action!
- The Grand America Salt Lake City – This one is not located in Park City, but if you are planning on attending events at the Sale Lake locations this one is perfect. Its not very far from the airport either. They have one of my favorite spas and do not miss out on their Brunch! One of my favorits in Utah by far!
- Sundance Resort -has gorgeous views, restaurants, a bar, and a ski resort as well. And yes, this is where Robert Redford stays.
Utah is a very active state and has so many outdoor activities tall year round, but I’m going to focus on the winter activities since it’s January currently and you can’t exactly hop on a mountain bike with all the snow at the moment!
- Skiing and Snowboarding – Utah has some of the best snow in the country!
- Deer Valley
- Park City
- The Canyons
- Sundance – located in Provo Canyon
- Tubing at Solider Hollow in Midway, Utah. – The longest tubing lanes in Utah, with lift service up the hill!
- Homestead Resort in Midway, offers accommodations (about 30 minutes from Park City), but also offers these fun activities!
- Ice Skating
- Utah Olympic Park – Take tours of the olympic arenas, do a bobsled course, ziplines, and more!
- Park City Live – this is where most of the big concerts and parties are. They have them all year, but Sundance attracts some really big and fun names!
- Eyptian Theatre – one of the locations for movies! An old movie theater from the 1890s that has been restored. Don’t forget to stop for your photo op in front of it.
- The Downstairs
- No Name Saloon
- Sundance Resort – A lot of the movies are shown here as well.
FOOD!!! (my favorite part)
- The Eating Establishmet – they have dinner etc too, but I love it for breakfast!
- Squatters – also has food all day, but if you don’t try the scones you’ll kick yourself.
- The Bridge Cafe and Grill
- No Worries Cafe
- The Foundry Grill – also located at Sundance Resort in Provo Canyon – the best brunch around.
- Burgers/American/Bar Food
- High West Saloon – I’ve heard the Rye sandwich is amazing, but I’m a huge fan of the burgers there!
- No Name Saloon – bar food and fish & chips
- Billy Blanco’s – burgers, bar, and mexican food
- Ledger’s Deli – for sandwiches
- Shabu Shabu
- Yuki Yami Sushi
- Blind Dog Sushi
- Pizza on Main – might be my most favorite place! The pizza is amazing, but I also love their pasta! Make sure you get the garlic knots!
- Grappa –
- Vinto – get the meatballs 100%
- Cafe Terigo – I have not been, but I have had multiple friends recommend it so I had to add it for you gyus!
- Tarahumara – my favorite part is their salsa bar! There is one in Midway (close to the Homestead Resort) and in Park City!
- El Chubasco – fun cantino with a tradition mexican vibe and menu
- Chimayo – a fun mix of American and Spanish food!
- Fine Dining and Steaks
- Plated in the Pines (used to be The Viking Yurt) – Pricey, but this is not just a meal, it’s an entire experience. Located in a gorgeous spot on Park City Mountain’s Resort, you are served a multi-course meal with an exclusive menu for that night only! But beware, it’s they only seat 30 people a night. Check www.primandplated.com to reserve.
- Riverhorse on Main – American Cuisine
- Prime Steak House
- Fletcher’s – American – try the short ribs!
- Goldner Hirsch – won 2017 best of the best dining
- The Tree Room – located at the actual Sundance Resort, you can experience amazing food and see Robert Redford’s private art collection.
*This post contains affiliate links*
Shop This Post: