So I kind of feel like just half-way did my “new years resolutions”. I had so many going through my head that I just spit out a couple, but I’ve been thinking and I really wanted to write down an ACTUAL list of resolutions or intentions so I can keep myself accountable and keep checking back on them! So here we go!
You guys know how much I love my Rideologie spin classes. Like love. I drive about 40 minutes back and forth about 3 times a week because I love it so much. It’s hands down my favorite class, because it’s fun, the class flies by, and it is great for cardio, but also tones and strengthens my entire body…legs, arms, and especially my core.
So you guys are lucky, because we are doing a 7-class series giveaway today on my instagram! @kristinrosedavis
So if you want to try something new to help out with those new year’s fitness resolutions, this is for you! Head over to enter if you are in Utah! Trust me, this will be your favorite class too!
Shop This Post
Every year I have a really hard time deciding what “resolutions” I really need to make. I always kind of have an idea, but I think I try to set to many unrealistic expectations. A lot of people have been talking about setting “intentions” instead of resolutions, but I think they’re interchangeable because a resolution isn’t something that you fail if you don’t quite meet. I think it’s a goal that you aim for and it’s awesome if you reach it, but if you don’t, at least you were working towards becoming better!
Shop This Post
How many of you are like me and find yourself lacking motivation to work out? I would love to be one of those people who is super consistent and super motivated. Working two full time jobs limits my time and sometimes I’m just so exhausted when I get home. I have made it a goal this year to try and be more consistent! I love working out, but sometimes I fall out of the habit and it’s harder for me to start again. So I’m going to try to make it a habit again! I have put together a little list of ideas to help you gain motivation and maybe even trick yourself into liking working out. If I can trick myself for a month, then I’ll probably be back in the habit and will be back to loving it! (My first workout of 2017!!!)
Try Something New!
Sometimes doing the same thing over and over can get mundane. I love trying new classes and new exercises to see what I love the most. For example, I recently just started working out with an online trainer! At first you may think that getting a trainer online is not as good as the real thing. I’m here to change your mind. I started doing Kayla and I had such a hard time staying motivated and wasn’t seeing results because I couldn’t stay consistent. Recently I started working with @trainerkelli through the @level212 fitness app. It’s COMPLETELY PERSONALIZED! I love it. She asks me what my goals are and tailors my workout to me specifically, so I can focus on which parts of my body I want to improve or what fitness goals I want to achieve. It’s 100 times better than a workout app that has the same workouts for everyone. If I have a really hard time with a certain workout, I can message Kelli and she’ll switch it up or I can ask her for advise on how to do it. She sets up my workouts for how many times I can fit in during the week and I have to check in with her, so I have a lot of motivation and I don’t want to cheat since it’s a real person and not a computer! There are videos linked to each workout and describe and show you how each one should be done. I’m going to be doing a post specifically about this later, but this has helped me so much over the past few weeks because it motivates me to get there!
Get a buddy!
Lots of people think this means you have to have someone who is going to do your whole workout with you. Most people want totally different results or just have different bodies that respond to different things. If you find someone you totally match with then woo hoo, maybe you found your “swollmate”. However, I think just having someone to go with makes it so much harder for me to say no! Half my problem is just getting there so if I have someone that is counting on me or who is willing to just go at the same time that helps me a ton! This helps me so much, even if it’s just driving to the gym together and we separate and do our own workouts!
Make a Bomb.com Playlist!
What is the worst thing that could possibly happen to me at the gym…forgetting my headphones! Music totally pumps me up and keeps me going! I read somewhere that music actually helps people work out longer and harder. Who needs pre-workout when you have Beyonce right?
Make it Convient for you!
You don’t have to go to the gym for a good workout! If you don’t have tons of time to drive to or spend at the gym, pop in a Jillian Michael’s video at home! Or go out for a quick run! Sometimes I just go over to the gym at my apartment complex when I’m trying to save time. It doesn’t have all of the machines that my normal gym does, but if it makes it easier for me to work out, why wouldn’t I take advantage of it?! Also you don’t have to work out at 5 AM! You workout when you have time. Don’t force yourself to do something that is not going to work for you. Remember we’re trying to make this about loving your workout again!
Set Realistic Goals!
I always over exaggerate mine. I’m like I need to lose 20 pounds! I need to work out every day! But when I look at my schedule 3 days a week seems much more likely. Start small and work your way up to your big goals. By hitting the small steps first you’ll see progress and it will be motivating. Then you can keep reaching for your ultimate goal. I get discouraged when I don’t see it happening right away and I think coming to terms with that will help me in the long run.
Don’t Overindulge, but Don’t Deprive!
As far as a diet goes, my best option is balance. I struggle with eating chicken and rice every day, so I don’t do it. I try to eat healthy, but I don’t deprive myself of a little treat or cheat day! If I go completely crazy on a diet I’m miserable. Some people are amazing at this, but for me a little bit of moderation goes a long way. If you’re miserable you won’t want to stick with it and ultimately you’re not going to see goals.
If you hate running, don’t run! Maybe try a Zumba class or Yoga! Find what you love and what makes you happy and stick with those exercises. Remember you are not the same as the girl next to you and different things are going to work better for different bodies! If you find something you love, and are having fun while doing it, you are much more likely to have it become a habit and you will look forward to your work out.
I hope these tricks were helpful and I’d love to hear what your thoughts are and also your goals and progress! Leave me a comment with what your health goals are for the year and if you have any other tricks you think work the best send them my way!!!
Shop This Post
I decided to do these resolutions/goals separately, because they are a little bit different than my other ones. A little bit more frivolous if you will, but I’m still determined to keep them, because….I have been so lazy. It has been basically below 0 since the year started and I can’t deal with that. I even wore my workout clothes to work the other day and it wasn’t a Saturday. Today I am wearing leggings, Jake’s shirt, his beanie, and uggs…this has got to stop. I write a fashion blog. It’s embarrising. Except the problem is that I don’t find it embarrasing or pathetic. I think it’s comfortable. AHHHH I hate Utah and these freezing temperatures. The new says that it is supposed to be -13 degrees this week. No. Not ok. I’ve posted this before, but it’s all I can think about. I have bought many a sweatpant…even sweatpants and a sweatshirt that match!…in my day. The problem is wearing them in public or to work! GASP! I have broken every rule I could possibly break apparently. Shoot me. So I am going to try better.
Here are my fashion and beauty resolutions this year so I don’t look like such a bum anymore. Wish me luck:
1. DO MY HAIR! Ohmigosh I pay enough to get my hair done that I should actually do it. And the thing is that I love my hair. The girl who does it is amazing. I love the color, I love everything about it, so I should show it off. I’m just lazy. It’s a freaking miracle if I even do it on the weekends, so my goal is to do it at least 3 times during weekdays, whether it is blow-drying and curling or straightening it, or doing something cute like braids or up in a “do”. I’m doing to try really hard.
2. WEAR PANTS. I am the queen of leggings. So I mean like any kind of pants. I think it’s mostly a winter thing. I just like to be comfy…but I would like to start wearing cuter pants than jeans too.
3. LESS IMPULSE BUYING. I do this a lot. Which sometimes is ok and I end up with awesome things, but a lot of times results in a trip back to the mall for returns. Whoops. Gotta think about that a little bit more.
4. PAINT MY NAILS. You could nickname me “chip”. That’s what my nails always look like. I just need to take the time to keep them up and I have sooo many nail polish colors. Time to put them to use!
5. WEAR MY HEELS. I also have a lot of these that I need to use. No use in having them ifI don’t wear them. I have two probelms though…I love to buy them, but it snows here all the time so I just wear boots. I’ll just have to wear boots to work and change I guess?
6. DRESS UP MORE. I have a lot of clothes that I could do this with, I just need to not be lazy. I would also like to start wearing dresses more. This would help me with wanting to be comfy all the time.
7. SHAVE MORE. Sorry this is embarrassing and maybe a little gross. But I need to. I’m sure people at the gym are like for real big foot? Yeah it’s embarrassing too. Hey, I only wear pants in the winter…ok ok sweat pants.
8. USE THE MAKE-UP THAT I BUY. I get really excited to buy make-up and then a lot of times I just use the exact same products all of the time. I usually just do a very simple, natural-ish face, but I really like to buy fun stuff! So on the weekends, maybe I can start trying out that stuff.
9. Along the same lines, WEAR WHAT I HAVE. I have a lot of clothes that just sit in my closet so I need to try and mix them into my daily wear more. I don’t throw them out or give them away because I still really like them, but I forget to wear them.
10. STOP FREAKING OUT OVER MY FLAWS! I have to work on beating myself up. Some days I think I’m chubby and some days I’m the ugliest and some days I have zits all over! But really I’m pretty lucky and I just think it’s something that most girls do. So I have to work on my perception 🙂
Shop This Post
I have been a really bad blogger lately, I’m sorry!
It’s the beginning of the new year, when everyone is making resoluions, and that means I should be better right? Well I was out of town in California, helping out Jake with his new business (which did awesome this year!), and starting a new job of my own too! So I was a little busy! I feel bad I wasn’t around. But, hopefully I’m back now.
2012 was an interesting year. I won’t bore you with details, but I think I made a lot of good changes and know I had a lot of good times with good friends. I had some hard times too, but I think those only helped to push me forward. I’m really looking forward to 2013 and hope it brings me a lot more good things! Crossing my fingers 🙂
I had a huge list of resolutions last year, and this year I have a lot of those in my head, as usual. I think it’s always good to keep them in mind to make yourself a better person, but I’ll just write down a few. Of course I probably won’t be consistent with them, but at least I will try. And of course they are pretty generic. O well, at least they are good to shoot for right?
1. Be more on time! I am the worst at this in the morning! I never want to wake up. (Along these lines, I will be trying to wake up earlier too)
2. Work out consistently. I would like to work out at least 4 times a week. (I would also like to start working out in the mornings, but see #1)
3. Eat Healthy!!! (I’m buying a blender so I can make smoothies!)
4. Stay positive. I have a tendancy to get down on myself and I need to not do that.
5. SAVE $!!!!!
6. I am going to decorate my house this year. I started last year, but I’m actually going to do it this year. It just looks unfinished all the time. Ugh!
7. Eat out less. (which will help me save money and eat healthier, I think…haha)
So those are my main resolutions. We will see how they go. They are pretty simple, but that should make them easier to keep right?
Shop This Post
Most of us have the same resolutions every year…and I’m pretty sure every one of these below are on my list. The trouble is keeping them right? Well, Daily Candy and Opensky.com, has decided to help all of us out a bit. Here are some things to help keep your resolutions
1. Catch some more Z’s
Sleep is definitely not overrated. The Sleep Well collection at Opensky.com has everything from heat-transferring sheets to gel pillows to Relaxation Stress Rememdies to help get you to sleep every night in 2013!
2. Lose the Jiggle
Are you over the treadmill? Try a new video or workout set from Opensky’s Get Fit Collection. You can workout straight from home without having the hassel of the gym crowds on January! Some fab workout clothes or new shoes might help a little too 🙂
3. Green your Routine
Juicers, Detox Cleanses, and reusable produce bags…decide which is your best fit with these eco-friendly finds from the Live Green-er Collection. Lots of exercise, healthy foods, and no chemicals for me please!
4. Kill the Clutter
Make room for more important things, by getting clutter out of the way! Organize your Life with any of Opensky’s helpful products for storing and cleaning!
5. Just Chill
Refresh, recharge, and reboot with with the Spa at Home! Give yourself a little bit more attention and avoid stress! Microdermabrasion kits, bath crystals, sugar scrubs, and more will help you take care of yourself!
*ideas from The Daily Candy