I feel like I’m constantly searching for more energy, especially around this busy time of year because so much is going on. Here are a few ways to help out!
– It’s the perfect jump start to your day. It boots your brain activity and metabolism. Studies show that working out before breakfast may burn more fat than exercising after you eat.
2. Eat Breakfast
– It will fuel your entire day. It starts your metabolism and keeps it going all day. Oatmeal with nuts and fruit or a scrambled egg with veggies are great combos – packed with protein and fiber to keep you full.
3. Try 5 Mini- Meals a Day
– To keep your metabolism going, opt for three balanced meals and two small snacks in between. Eat every 3 to 4 hours.
4. Drink Lots of Water
– Mild dehydration can lead to fatigue, so drink whenever you’re thirsty. It’s a sign your body needs more water.
5. Get the Right Vitamins
– Good nutrition can help beat fatigue. Get B12 from salmon or lean beef and B6 from bananas, turkey, chicken breast, whole grains, and tuna.
6. Sleep Enough
– You need 7 to 8 hours a night. To get the best rest, “create a routine”, avoid eating too close to bedtime, and wake up at the same time every morning.
7. Go Outside
-To fight an afternoon slump, take a fifteen minute walk after lunch. Exposure to bright light can increase alertness.
– Take a breathing break! Sit up straight in your chair, inhale for 4 counts, hold for 2, then exhale for 4 and hold for 2. Repeat 10 times. It will get your blood flowing.
– Up your mood by talking to friends or listening to your favorite music.
– Sniff an energizing scent. Jasmine, peppermint, and citrus are known to be great boosts!
* found in People StyleWatch Magazine