Do you ever pack WAY too much for a trip? I know I do. Hopefully these staple items will help you limit your packing to just what you need. I always seem to get to my destinations with a suitcase full of random items just thrown in and nothing ends up matching. One way to solve this, is to pack things in a similar color scheme. That way you can mix and match all week and coordinate different outfits. I also have started trying to plan my outfits before I pack them so I don’t end up with the problem of nothing matching. This also cuts down on my getting ready time and gives me more time to do fun stuff on my vacation!
I hope this helps and happy packing!
1. A Bright Casual Top
Splendid ‘Always Shirting Pocked Tunic’ at Piperlime.com
Rag & Bone ‘The Pocket Tee’ at Piperlime.com (yes this is white, but it’s always nice to pack a white top as well)
2. Fun Sunnies…Dolce & Gabbana at sunglasshut.com
3. A Loose, Go-Everywhere Dress
Banana Republic ‘Bordered T-Shirt’ Dress – bananarepublic.com
Michael Stars ‘Highline Stripe Blouson’ Maxi Dress – piperlime.com
4. A Nautical-Inspired Suit
J.Crew ‘Anchors Aweigh Skirted Tank’ -jcrew.com
Ted Baker ‘Nautical Stripe’ Bikini – asos.com
5. Wear-Nightly Heels…I prefer to wear wedges if I’m wearing heels all night or on consecutive nights, because they allow your feet to last longer. They’re also perfect for summer nights, and so are espadrilles. They’re a little more beachy and casual. Pack a brown or tan pair because they will pretty much match with almost any outfit you bring.
Ras ‘Open Toe Wedge’ Espadrilles – Shopbop.com
Diane von Furstenburg ‘Opal Crisscross Wedge’ Sandals – Shopbop.com
6. A Beachy Tote…Rebecca Minkoff ‘Striped Canvas Diamond’ Tote at Shopbop.com
7. Colorful Shorts…I love patterned shorts, like these Rachel Antonoff ‘Annie’ Shorts at RevolveClothing.com
8. Shoes you can walk miles in…I love rainbows during the summer, but if you want something a little more sturdy, I would recommend Toms, because they are lightweight, easy to pack, and super comfy inside!
*Inspiration from Glamour Magazine.