1. The Camel Coat: Probably thanks to Chloe, these coats are a throwback to the 70’s. It’s a classic, and a little heavier and warmer than the trench coat.
Michael Michael Kors ‘Reefer’ Felt Coat – michaelkors.com
Madewell ‘Promenade’ Coat – madewell.com
2. The Parka: Parkas…anoraks…whatever you prefer, this coat will protect you from the elements! Great with a casual weekend outfit, they are weather proof and usually have hoods to protect your head and hair! I wouldn’t go without one of these during the winter.
Gap ‘Twill’ Parka – gap.com
Asos ‘Fur Hooded Detachable Linded’ Parker – asos.com
3. The Peacoat: This coat is perfect for layering! Military inspired and super warm, you can get these in almost any color or print you want! You can also get them anywhere from knee-length to where the hem hits right at your hip. It will last from season to season if you pick the right one!
Calvin Klein ‘High Double Breasted Textured’ Peacoat – nordstrom.com
J.Crew ‘Tipped’ Peacoat – j.crew.com
4. The Trench Coat: The perfect polish to any fall or winter outfit. These are a classic coat and many come with liners or are waterproof for yucky weather days.
J.W. Anderson for Topshop ‘Belted’ Trench Coat – topshop.com
DKNY ‘Erin’ Raincoat – bloomingdales.com
5. The Duffle Coat: It’s like a sister to the peacoat, but with toggles! This coat is super warm and most of them have a hood, where the peacoat does not.
Victoria Secret ‘Hooded Duffle Toggle’ Coat – victoriasecret.com
ASOS ‘Aztec Duffle’ Coat – asos.com
MY TIP: I would also suggest picking up a Leather Jacket (which I guess doesn’t count as a “coat”), but they are so cute and stylish, I don’t think that anyone should not have one in their closet!
I’ve posted a bunch of my favorites over the last few weeks, so be sure to check them out!
*ideas from LuckyMagazine.com