I found this tutorial on The Beauty Department’s Blog (one of my favs!) and I fell in love with it so I just had to re-post it! I cannot wait to try this out!
There are so many reasons to celebrate — your birthday, friends’ birthdays, holidays and every day in between. Today we’re partnering up with Beauty.com to celebrate theirFriends & Family Event (which is happening now!) and to show you a crafty way to add this pretty party to your nails. My favorite part about this manicure is that you’re just punching out tissue paper circles and applying them to the nail. No major skills required, unlike most nail art! Here we go:
- Punch out tissue paper circles. Put about 5-7 pieces on top of each other to get a good solid punch.
- Paint the base of the nails with any color you want. We used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Cruising because clearly metallic gold says party.
- Use a pen to pick up the pieces of confetti and lay them down on the wet nail polish. Make a couple pieces overlap and/or cut some of the pieces down so you can lay them against the cuticle as seen in the final photo.
- Let some of the confetti pieces hang over the edge and trim them down when you’re done laying them all down.
- Once all of the pieces are where you want them, go over the whole nail with a good top coat!
Hope you enjoy this, and don’t forget to check out The Beauty Department! So many good ideas!