I am a big fan of the ankle strap sandal trend right now. I have been searching for a great pair or two…maybe a neutral and a fun, bright color? I just can’t decide with so many fabulous styles out there. Maybe you guys can help me out? Here are a few of my favorites out there, for every price range! What do you think of the trend and my picks?
P.S. Here are a few tips to remember when wearing ankle straps
1. General rule: The thicker the strap, the slimmer your ankles look.
2. Avoid long skirts, because the strap and length of skirt tend to shorten your legs. DO pair with shorts and mini skirts. Also, a tight pencil skirt will work if it’s not too long.
3. Pairing with wide leg cropped pants and skinny ankle pants is a Do.
4. Too many embellishments on the sandal are distracting. Go for something simple. If you want to stand out, just try a bring color.
5. If you have large calves or ankles, nude is the most flattering color. If you have slim legs, add a thick strap to give your leg shape, but stay away from thick, chunky heels because it will just make your leg look skinnier and take away from the shape.
6. If you want to avoid making your legs look shorter, choose a strap that falls below the ankle as opposed to above it. (Along the same lines, go for a looser strap, or do not tighten it as much.)
First here are a few of our fav celebs wearing the trend of course…
Kerry Washington is wearing these beauties just above…
Gucci ‘Victorie’ Sandal
Pierre Hardy Leather Ankle Strap Sandal
Prabal Gurung for Target Ankle Strap Pump
Steve Madden ‘Marlenee’ Ankle Strap Sandal
Windsor Nude Strap Heel
Zara Sandal with Buckle
Tibi ‘Amber’ Heel
Zara Leather Sandal
Chinese Laundry ‘Luck Charm’ Sandal
ASOS Hotspot Studded Heeled Sandals
London Trash ‘Phoenix’ Sandal
Sam Edelman ‘Allie’ Sandal
Paul Andrews ‘Alexandria’ Sandals
Jessica Simpson ‘Jessies’ Sandal
Alexander Wang ‘Aminata’ Sandal
DMSX Donald J Pliner
Windsor Beige Orange High Heel
Manolo Blahnik ‘Chaos’ Patent Leather Ankle Strap Sandals
Express ‘Zip Back’ Heeled Sandal
Also I love this, but I cannot find any other picture except for these when Gwyneth Paltrow wore them, but they should be available for Fall 2013
Michael Kors Ankle Strap Fall 2013
Shop This Post